A lil something I live byYou can shed tears that he is gone, or you can smile because he has lived. You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back, or you can open your eyes and see all he's left. Your heart can be empty because you can't see him, or you can be full of the love you shared. You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday. You can remember him only that he is gone, or you can cherish his memory and let it live on. You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back. Or you can do what he'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on


March 03, 2010

Do you really look at pictures?!?

do you look at a picture and really look at it? Probably not as often as you think. I look at pictures now and they warm my heart, they break my heart, they remind me of who he was and is...so many memories...so many dreams...so very much love, and so many questions.. I don't know how to explain, but when I look at these pictures, every single one of them, I see so much love, so much pride. I see the fun we had, the sad times and the good times, friends, family..all of them, so close, so much a part of each other...

his momma holding him as a baby he sleeps in her lap, the mothers love on her face, the peace on his, knowing he is safe.....
His Grandma Peggy, the love of life, the laughter, the desire to see it all, do it all and enjoy every minute of it...she taught him so much about living life...he got so much of his spirit from her...
His Grandpa Leon, the picture taken just before they left for Wyoming to spend a week on a working ranch ....he called him Gramps...he taught him about hunting, fishing, how things move, bullriding and their common love of trucks. ...
their memorial to Jeff in Mayfield...a permanent place for them to go and visit him, when they can't make it to Texas..
I remember how he felt about his fathers death, and how much he missed him when he looked at these pics... now the two , I can see them up there...looking down, having there usual conversation...
he is watching me now and watching all of his friends and family, making sure that we take care and take care of his memory. !
So, next time you look at a picture, really look at it! You'll be surprised how much you'll really see! I'm not surprised by the love I see, I know the love he gave me, and I know how much I love him...always.
R.I.P!! 04/28/79 to 06/29/09, TILL WE MEET AGAIN

1 comment:

  1. i feel the same way when i look at pictures of my mama. some make me laugh, some cry. but they help you to heal. keep looking sweetie.

    ReplyDelete